Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB)
What does DEIB stand for?
DEIB is an acronym which stands for:
Diversity is the inclusion of individuals representing identities from different social, personal, and cultural backgrounds.
Equity refers to fairness, justice, and equal access to opportunities.
Inclusion ensures that all people are valued and treated with respect.
Belonging is the feeling of complete acceptance in one’s respective environment.
DEIB is essential for creating a fair and equal society or working environment. DEIB initiatives celebrate diverse identities while acknowledging and addressing unfair advantages amongst students or employees. The goal of DEIB is to provide an equal chance of success, build bridges between students or colleagues, and foster a sense of community.
Why is DEIB important?
DEIB is important in promoting an inclusive environment. Whether in a workplace or a classroom setting, DEIB ensures that all parties involved are given equal opportunities to prosper.
DEIB is essential for a welcoming workplace or classroom environment. At Goodwin University, DEIB is an integral part of our system — we promote these ideals in order to ensure equal access and create an exceptionally safe place for our students. Our students, faculty, and staff represent a diverse range of identities — enriching our community and fostering belonging.
Interested in being a part of our community at Goodwin University? Learn more about our different academic programs today!
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.