What is the AFT?
The American Federation of Teachers (AFT) is a union of professional educators. The AFT has five unique divisions, which represent:
- Federal, state, and local employees
- Higher education faculty and staff
- Nurses and other healthcare professionals
- Paraprofessionals and support staff
- PreK-12 teachers
If you fit into one of these five categories, you are eligible for membership.
How Do You Join the AFT?
To become a member of AFT Connecticut, contact them directly. Although AFT is a national organization, the membership process is handled on a state-by-state basis. Per standard practice, Connecticut union members pay dues to receive union benefits. However, AFT Connecticut's due rates are variable — the exact amount you pay is based on your annual income.
Why Join a Union?
Unions help employees organize and collaborate on ways to improve their working conditions. Union members have the leverage to negotiate higher wages and better benefits. Unions also offer you protection— they represent your interests in situations that may result in discipline and ensure that your grievances can be aired without penalty.
Make Professional Connections at Goodwin University
When you join a union, you have many opportunities to build relationships and network with others. Here at Goodwin, we understand the value of establishing strong professional connections. Our compassionate, expert faculty works closely with you to support your needs. Moreover, our small class sizes allow you to connect and collaborate with fellow students.
Learn more about joining the Goodwin family today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now