Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Credential
What Is the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Credential?
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential is the nationally recognized "standard of excellence" for respiratory care professionals that demonstrates competency of essential respiratory care knowledge, skills, and abilities. The RRT credential is administered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC). RRT Credentials must be maintained through continuing education or examination through the NBRC’s Continuing Competency Program.
The RRT credential is earned through a series of two examinations:
- Therapist Multiple-Choice (TMC) Examination
- Clinical Simulation Examination (CSE)
The TMC Examination evaluates the abilities of entry-level respiratory therapists necessary to enter into practice and determines eligibility for the Clinical Simulation Examination (CSE).
Individuals who earn and maintain a RRT credential may benefit from new career opportunities with higher salaries at high quality institutions.
Who Is Eligible?
Individuals who pass both the TMC and CSE examinations will receive the RRT credential. For more information on exam eligibility, please visit: The National Board for Resipiratory Care.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.