What is EDM Cutting?
Electrical discharge machining, or EDM, is the use of electrical discharge to cut through metal workpieces. It is often referred to as EDM cutting.
How Does EDM Cutting Work?
EDM cutting works by conducting a small metal wire with electrical discharges. The charged wire serves as an electrode. When pressed to metal workpieces, the electrode creates a concise cut or hole in the metal.
Why is EDM Cutting Important?
EDM cutting is clean, precise, and time efficient. It allows you to cut complex and delicate shapes into small pieces of metalwork. Moreover, EDM cutting is contact-free, meaning that delicate parts remain safe and untouched.
Which Industries Use EDM Cutting?
EDM cutting is most notably used in aerospace, automobile production, electronics manufacturing, and die and mold-making. However, other industries also incorporate EDM cutting into their production processes.
Manufacturing at Goodwin University
At Goodwin University, our students utilize today's most advanced technology to enhance their skills and training. Our manufacturing certificate and degree programs will set you on the path toward a secure career in modern manufacturing.
Learn more about Goodwin's certificate and degree programs today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now