Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET)
What is CHET?
The Connecticut Higher Education Trust (CHET) is a state-sponsored 529 college savings plan that helps people prepare and save for the costs of higher education. CHET is sponsored by the Connecticut Office of the Treasurer and is managed by Fidelity Investments.
CHET is also a tax-advantaged program. Connecticut taxpayers who enroll in CHET could potentially become eligible for major tax deductions of up to $10,000.
Who can access CHET?
CHET offers open enrollment to residents and nonresidents — anybody can open an account and start a college savings fund through CHET.
How do I open a CHET ccount?
If you would like to enroll in CHET, call 1-888-799-243 (Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-9 p.m. EST,) or visit http://aboutchet.com/.
Earn an affordable education at Goodwin University.
At Goodwin, we are dedicated to keeping the cost of college affordable. In the fall 2023, 98% of Goodwin students received grant or scholarship aid. Our financial aid advisors are ready to help you understand everything that goes into paying for college, including:
- Federal Work-Study opportunities
- Student loans
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.