What Is Cop Training?
Cops, also known as police officers, undergo multiple forms of training before they serve their community. Most training sessions, like the Police Academy, have a curriculum that combines physical conditioning and classroom education. The session duration varies from state to state; the Connecticut Police Academy sessions are 28 weeks long.
How Do You Enroll in a Cop Training Program?
When enrolling in a police academy, a person must first complete and pass the entry-level test to become a cop. Once a law enforcement unit selects to hire you from the eligibility list, the department will arrange for you to take the next available academy session. A successful candidate will graduate from the Connecticut ran academy with 70% or better.
How To Prepare for Cop Training?
You can prepare for training with physical exercise, learning stress management techniques, and developing good social habits. Becoming a cop is more than physically demanding; it’s also mentally demanding. Our associate degree in Criminal Justice at Goodwin prepares our students with criminal procedures, psychology, and ethical perspective education. Law enforcement requires a healthy mind and body, and Goodwin is excited to help build you up.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.