What does an insurance producer do?
Insurance producers are people who engage in the sale of insurance products. Insurance producers are required to be licensed in the state in which they sell insurance. This may require passing an examination or meeting state-specific educational and/or ethical requirements.
Are there different types of insurance producers?
Insurance producers can be insurance agents or brokers. Insurance producers can also be "captive," meaning the company they represent does not allow them to sell the insurance of another company, or they can be independent agents who represent and sell the insurance policies of more than one company.
What are the personality traits of a successful insurance producer?
Great insurance producers have high energy, initiative, and are innovative. They typically have a basic business understanding as well as coachable communication skills.
Interested in preparing for a great career? Check out our Business Administration program today!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.