A youth worker is a person who works with young people to facilitate their personal, social, and educational development through informal practices and leisurely activities. Youth workers empower their clients to make positive changes in their lives.
What are the daily duties of a youth worker?
- Advocate and educate youth on issues and interests
- Enable youth to participate in extracurricular activities
- Encourage educational advancement
- Help youth establish meaningful, trusting relationships
- Provide guidance, growth opportunities, instruction and mentorship
- Refer clients to distinguished community resources and professional counseling as needed
- Stabilize secure housing
Where are youth workers employed?
Youth workers can work in school systems, group homes, community shelters, and other social service agencies.
Are you interested in becoming a youth worker? Check out our Human Services programs!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.