What Is a Manufacturing First-Line Supervisor?
First-line supervisors oversee and manage the daily operations of personnel. They ensure that the production process is carried out smoothly and efficiently so that expected production goals are met.
Where Can a First-Line Supervisor Work?
First-line supervisors can work in a variety of areas, including manufacturing, corporate customer service, or retail. They communicate between supervisors and subordinates, monitor processes and materials, and schedule and prioritize work.
How Do You Become a First-Line Supervisor?
To become a first-line supervisor it is recommended that you complete some level of postsecondary training to gain the skills and experience employers are looking for.
Goodwin’s Manufacturing Management program is particularly helpful in the journey to becoming a first-line supervisor, as you will gain the skills and knowledge that include an understanding of: manufacturing supervision, manufacturing logistics, industrial safety, production planning and control, team dynamics, and customer service. Through Goodwin’s Manufacturing Management program, you will acquire the skills needed to advance and succeed in today’s manufacturing.
Goodwin University offers manufacturing programs at bachelor’s degree, associate degree, and certificate levels.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.