Regional School Choice Office (RSCO)
What is RSCO?
RSCO stands for Regional School Choice Office.
The Connecticut State Department of Education created RSCO to inform Connecticut families interested in public schools of choice about their options in the Greater Hartford area. RSCO empowers Connecticut families by guiding them to the best fit for their child’s future and providing applicants access to the information they need to make informed educational choices.
What does RSCO do?
- Conducts application lotteries and contacts candidates with results
- Hosts in-person and virtual fairs and events
- Provides application assistance via in-person conversations, by phone, e-mail, or online materials such as user-friendly “how-to” guides
- Offers prospective families information on frequently asked questions (FAQs), school/program lists, and transportation zones
Magnet schools offer several benefits including:
- Academic success that prepares students for a lifetime of achievement
- Diverse student body that encourages respect, empathy and collaboration
- Family and community involvement that instills a passion for learning and growth
- Flexible and innovative curriculum centered around a unifying theme