Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
What is a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant?
A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a grant for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. FSEOGs do not cover a full year of tuition and are intended to be combined with additional grants and scholarships. The FSEOG program is offered by the financial aid office at each participating school, but not all schools elect to participate.
Who is Eligible for Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants?
Your eligibility to receive an FSEOG is determined based on your answers on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To be eligible for a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be enrolled in your first bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher and remain in good academic standing.
- Not be in default of any student loans or owe repayment of other grants.
- Have been awarded a Pell Grant.
Visit www.studentaid.gov for more information on eligibility and qualifications.
How Do I Apply for an FSEOG?
To apply for an FSEOG, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your school will then determine your eligibility.
How Much Money Can I Get from an FSEOG?
Recipients of the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant can receive anywhere from $100 to $4,000 each year depending on financial need.
Each year, participating schools receive a certain amount of FSEOG funds from the U.S. Department of Education. Once the full amount of a school’s FSEOG funds have been awarded, no more awards can be distributed that year — so be sure to apply for financial aid as early as possible.
Does Goodwin University Offer Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants?
At Goodwin University, we believe that paying for college shouldn’t be stressful. That’s why we offer a variety of financial aid opportunities, including grants, scholarships, student loans, and work-study opportunities that provide a regular paycheck!
We start with you. Learn more about how Goodwin can help you pay for your education today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.