What is a CPC Certification?
The Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification is the most recognized medical coding certification in the healthcare industry.
How Do I Get CPC Certified?
To schedule your exam, you must first become a member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). You can then log in to your account, pay the exam fee, and schedule your certification exam.
You will be evaluated based on your coding proficiency across a range of services, including evaluation and management, anesthesia, surgery, radiology, pathology, and medicine. You must demonstrate a sound knowledge of medical coding guidelines and regulations, as well as a mastery of anatomy, physiology, and the medical terminology necessary to code diagnoses and services correctly. Finally, you'll need to understand how to integrate medical coding and payment policy changes into insurance reimbursement.
How Long Does a CPC Certification Last?
Once you successfully pass the CPC exam, you receive your CPC-A credential, which signifies apprenticeship standing. You must then fulfill the 2-year experience requirement, at which time you may submit proof of meeting the requirement and your "A" will be removed.
A CPC must fulfill and submit 36 continuing education units (CEUs) every 2 years.
At Goodwin University, you can earn your Medical Billing and Coding certificate in as few as 12-18 months and start on your journey to an exciting career. Learn more today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now