What Is Mortuary Cosmetology?
Mortuary cosmetology is a process of recreating an individual’s appearance that reflects who they were in life.
What Is a Mortuary Cosmetologist?
A mortuary cosmetologist is a professional who uses cosmetic and specialized materials to give the deceased individual’s face, hair, body, and nails a natural look. These skills are appreciated during funeral services by the family and friends of the deceased, because the individual is given a peaceful lifelike appearance.
Where Can a Mortuary Cosmetologist Work?
A licensed mortuary cosmetologist can work as a contractor and/or freelancer with a funeral homes or mortuaries.
If you wish to pursue the public service work of funeral services, Goodwin University offers an associate degree. Our program provides you with the ethical and psychological background needed to assist loved ones with this step in life.
Interested in learning more about mortuary science? Check out our associate degree in Funeral Service.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now