National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN)
What Is the NCLEX-RN Exam?
The National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN©) examination is a standardized test used to determine whether a nursing student is prepared for entry-level nursing practice.
Passing the NCLEX-RN© exam allows nursing students to become licensed as a registered nurse (RN) and may begin working in the field or go on to complete a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Who Is Eligible?
Nursing students attending an education program focused on pre-licensure are eligible to sit for the NCLEX exam.
NCLEX Exam Overview
NCLEX exams are comprised of a variety of question types including multiple choice, select all that apply, matching, and more. The NCLEX exam is offered in a computerized adaptive testing (CAT) format that tests at three levels of comprehension:
- Level 1: basic recall of knowledge and information
- Level 2: analysis and application of specific information
- Level 3: application of rules, facts, and processes to identify best care practices
Once a candidate demonstrates competency of a level 1 question, the exam moves on to a level 2 question. Once competency of level 2 has been demonstrated, the exam moves onto a level 3 question.
For more information on taking the NCLEX exam, please visit National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
Are you interested in becoming a registered nurse? Check out our Nursing programs!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now