What Does a Purchasing Analyst Do?
Purchasing analysts, sometimes called a purchasing agents, evaluate the effectiveness of an organization's purchasing decisions, serving as a liaison between employers and vendors.
Purchasing analysts play a key role in the supply chain management process. Purchasing analysts source vendors and communicate the procuring needs of the company. They also inspect, test, and document industry samples for final purchasing decisions. Purchasing analysts are experts in vetting vendors, cost-benefit analysis, and negotiating contract terms. Purchasing analysts also present final purchasing decisions to invested parties.
What are the abilities of a purchasing analyst?
Purchasing analysts have strong written and verbal communication skills. They are great negotiators and are considered leaders when it comes to decision-making and collaboration.
Learn more about our advanced Manufacturing Management degree today!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.