Family Resource Workers
What does a family resource worker do?
A family resource worker determines the eligibility of families for state and federal assistance programs. Family resource workers impact individuals and communities by providing basic needs to families in need.
What soft skills are needed to be a competent family resource worker?
- Computer skills - Documentation on program eligibility decisions are housed in complex computer databases.
- Efficient with ever-changing rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources - Clients may need referrals to further resources on a case by case basis.
- Organization - Family resource workers are continually maintaining their clients’ case documentation.
- Personable personality - Family resource workers need to develop a robust and trusting rapport with their clients.
Are you interested in becoming a family resource worker? Check out our Human Services programs!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.