A probation assistant supports probation officers. They perform intake procedures, as well as monitor and record all client progress.
What does a probation assistant do?
Duties of a probation assistant include:
- Collect specimens for testing
- Conduct office visits for interviewing
- Create correspondence
- Deliver documents
- Ensure that clients are adhering to their case plans
- Occasionally testify in court on behalf of the probation officer
- Organize case files
- Process criminal, school, military, financial and employment record checks
- Supervise low-risk defendants and offenders
- Verify the address of clients
What soft skills make a successful probation assistant?
Strong communication skills, critical-thinking, decision-making, resilient emotional stability, organizational aptitude, and writing abilities are all beneficial qualities within this role.
Are you interested in becoming a probation assistant? Check out our programs in Human Services!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.