A probation assistant supports probation officers. They perform intake procedures, as well as monitor and record all client progress.
What does a probation assistant do?
Duties of a probation assistant include:
- Collect specimens for testing
- Conduct office visits for interviewing
- Create correspondence
- Deliver documents
- Ensure that clients are adhering to their case plans
- Occasionally testify in court on behalf of the probation officer
- Organize case files
- Process criminal, school, military, financial and employment record checks
- Supervise low-risk defendants and offenders
- Verify the address of clients
What soft skills make a successful probation assistant?
Strong communication skills, critical-thinking, decision-making, resilient emotional stability, organizational aptitude, and writing abilities are all beneficial qualities within this role.
Are you interested in becoming a probation assistant? Check out our programs in Human Services!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.