What is a Postsecondary Education?
Postsecondary education, or tertiary education, refers to formal schooling received after high school, which is often called "secondary school".
Common types of postsecondary education include:
- Adult or continuing education
- Four-year or bachelor’s degree programs
- Technical and vocational certificate programs
- Two-year or associate degree programs
What Are the Benefits of Receiving a Postsecondary Education?
By receiving a postsecondary education, you can:
- Increase your confidence and sense of identity
- Increase your earning potential
- Make connections and build professional relationships
- Refine your communication and problem-solving skills
- Qualify for a secure career
How Do I Pay for a Postsecondary Education?
If you are not sure how to pay for college, you can fund your studies with merit or need-based financial aid. Merit aid can be awarded based on your academic performance, athletic participation, artistic ability, or chosen program of study. Need-based aid is offered based on income level and overall financial status. There are several varieties of merit and need-based aid, including grants, scholarships, student loans, and work-study programs. While grants, scholarships, and work-study will not require repayment, student loans will need to be repaid.
Postsecondary Education at Goodwin University
At Goodwin University, our career-focused programs of study will prepare you for future success. We are dedicated to making your college education accessible and affordable. We offer a variety of merit and need-based financial aid options to help fund your Goodwin experience.
Learn more about Goodwin’s postsecondary programs today!
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.