Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants
What are Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants?
Iraq and Afghanistan Grants are Title IV grants awarded to dependents of U.S. soldiers who died while serving in Iraq or Afghanistan following September 11, 2001. These grants are designed to provide educational opportunities to undergraduate students whose parents or guardians sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.
Am I Eligible for an Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant?
You may be eligible to receive the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant if:
- You are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant on the basis of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), but meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan following 9/11.
- You were under 24 years old or enrolled in college at least part-time at the time of your parent or guardian's death.
How Do I Apply for the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant?
To apply for the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, you will need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Your school will then determine your eligibility.
Veteran Services at Goodwin University
Goodwin University is among the top military-friendly colleges and universities in CT. We are committed to providing educational benefits and resources tailored to veterans and the military community as a whole.
Learn more about how Goodwin can support you and your family while you are earning your degree!
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.