High School Equivalency (HSE) Program
What is the High School Equivalency (HSE) Program?
The High School Equivalency (HSE) program is an alternative route to a traditional high school education. HSE programs are designed for students who did not complete their high school education and are past the age of mandatory high school attendance. Most colleges, universities, and employers in the United States recognize high school equivalency credentials. HSE programs allow individuals to pursue higher education or take on better job opportunities.
What is the Difference Between HSE and GED?
In the US, there are two high school equivalency tests, the GED and the HiSET exams. Both exams assess your knowledge and skills in language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics. The GED program was created in 1942. The HiSET exam was introduced in 2014. Passing one of these two exams demonstrates your mastery of the knowledge and skills you would need to graduate from high school — allowing you to attend a postsecondary school or pursue a job that requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Do You Have to Have a Diploma or GED to Attend College?
While most degree programs require a high school diploma or equivalent, there are programs available that allow you to begin without holding GED or HiSET credentials.
Goodwin University offers career training for non-high school graduates. Our Workforce-Ready program is designed to prepare individuals without a high school diploma, GED, or HiSET with the necessary training to secure entry-level employment in the field of manufacturing.
We offer certificate programs in the following areas:
- CNC Machining
- Computer-Aided Design
- Industrial Service. Technician
- Manufacturing and Logistics
- Quality and Manufacturing Inspections
- Robotics and Automation
Goodwin University has the career-focused degree and certificate programs you need to jumpstart your career today!
To learn more about our Workforce-Ready program, reach out to us today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.