Types of Student Loans
What is a loan?
A loan is an amount of money that you can borrow but must pay back with interest.
There are two basic loan types: federal/governmental loans and private loans
- Federal or governmental loans — commonly referred to as federal student loans — are loans offered by the federal government
- Private loans are loans offered by a lender (such as a bank, credit union, or school)
Learn more about the differences between federal and private loans.
How to get a student loan
To get a federal student loan, students must complete:
- FAFSA application
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Entrance counseling
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now