Types of Student Loans
What is a loan?
A loan is an amount of money that you can borrow but must pay back with interest.
There are two basic loan types: federal/governmental loans and private loans
- Federal or governmental loans — commonly referred to as federal student loans — are loans offered by the federal government
- Private loans are loans offered by a lender (such as a bank, credit union, or school)
How to get a student loan
To get a federal student loan, students must complete:
- FAFSA application
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Entrance counseling
Start classes January 14.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.