What is an RMA Degree?
An RMA is a Registered Medical Assistant. A certificate or degree in Medical Assisting will prepare you to help doctors provide patients with prompt, high-quality healthcare.
What is the Difference Between an RMA and a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)?
Overall, RMAs and CMAs have very similar roles. They complete similar programs, fulfill the same professional duties, and receive comparable pay.
There are a few differences between CMAs and RMAs. The key difference lies in the qualifying exam that you choose to take. CMAs take an exam that is administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). RMAs take an exam offered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT). Neither exam is superior; they qualify you equally and assess the same skillset.
Earn Your Degree in Medical Assisting at Goodwin University.
At Goodwin University, you can earn your certificate or associate degree in Medical Assisting. We offer a comprehensive program that will prepare you for a career providing direct care in a variety of healthcare settings. Learn more about Goodwin University's Medical Assisting program today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now