What are first-generation students?
A student is called a first-generation student when they are the first in their family to attend college.
What challenges do first-generation students face?
Since they are the first in their family to attend college, there is a lack of familiarity with higher education. The families of first-gen students are often unable to provide guidance and advice regarding college.
First-gen students may also deal with other issues such as financial challenges, imposter syndrome, and having to balance multiple responsibilities.
Learn about how Goodwin supports first-generation students throughout these challenges.
Are you a first-gen student looking to begin your college education? At Goodwin, our comprehensive support services are designed to help you achieve your goals. Learn more about our various support services at Goodwin!
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.