What do Logistics Analysts Do?
Logistics analysts are responsible for the entire production life of a product. This includes everything from the purchasing of materials to the distribution of goods. Logistics analysts streamline operations and evaluate a company’s assets in order to achieve its overall mission and goals.
What does a logistics analyst analyze?
Logistics analysts analyze supply chain processes and recommend any applicable adjustments for efficiency. Logistics analysts handle invoicing, electronic bills, and shipment tracking. They are responsible for maintaining the information in logistic databases and identifying opportunities for inventory reduction. Logistics analysts also update freight rate databases to determine the most cost-effective means of shipping, and correspond with air, ocean, and trucking couriers for cost appraisals and scheduling. Additional duties include tracking product flow from origin to outgoing shipments and delivery, and preparing reports on performance measures.
Analyzing career-focused schools geared toward logistics? Learn more about our associate degree in Quality Management Systems today!
We’re ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.