What Is College Counseling?
A college counselor assists students with the preparation of required entrance documentation for college. A college counselor meets with students to go over the college admissions process and helps with applications and financial aid.
Roles and Responsibilities of College Counselors
- Educates applicants on academic and registration entrance processes, and the specific courses students need to take to follow particular career paths
- Obtains information on specific colleges
- Assists students in requesting and securing recommendation letters
- Helps students with their college application essays
- Gathers information on the student’s academic record, grades earned, and cumulative GPA.
- Conducts collegiate meetings and schedules college visits
Soft Skills Needed for College Counseling Success
Accomplished college counselors excel in the following abilities:
- Academic advocate
- Interpersonal proficiencies- building relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleges and universities
- Organizational skills
- Research capabilities
- Written and verbal communication aptitudes
Interested in learning more about Goodwin? Contact our Admissions department today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.