What is College Counseling?
A college counselor assists students with the preparation of required entrance documentation for college. A college counselor meets with students to go over the college admissions process and helps with applications and financial aid.
Roles and responsibilities of college counselors
- Educates applicants on academic and registration entrance processes, and the specific courses students need to take to follow particular career paths
- Obtains information on specific colleges
- Assists students in requesting and securing recommendation letters
- Helps students with their college application essays
- Gathers information on the student’s academic record, grades earned, and cumulative GPA.
- Conducts collegiate meetings and schedules college visits
Soft skills needed for college counseling success
Accomplished college counselors excel in the following abilities:
- Academic advocate
- Interpersonal proficiencies- building relationships with students, parents/guardians, colleges and universities
- Organizational skills
- Research capabilities
- Written and verbal communication aptitudes
Interested in learning more about Goodwin? Contact our Admissions department today!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.