What is Title IX?
Title IX is a federal law passed in 1972 under the Education Amendments Act. Title IX aims to prevent gender discrimination in educational programs or activities that receive federal funding. Title IX is best known for its impact on women’s sports, but its reach extends beyond athletics into other areas of education.
What is the Goal of Title IX?
The primary goal of Title IX is to create equal opportunities for men and women in educational institutions — schools must offer the same opportunities, resources, and supports for all students.
Title IX also prohibits sexual harassment and assault. All schools must have procedures to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct and investigate any complaints made under Title IX. Title IX also protects students, staff, faculty, and visitors from retaliation after reporting discrimination, harassment, or assault.
Who is Covered Under Title IX?
Title IX protects students, staff, faculty, volunteers, contractors, visitors, program participants, and anyone seeking to be involved in programs or activities at an educational institution.
Goodwin Takes Your Safety and Security Seriously
Goodwin University is committed to providing an educational environment and workplace that is free from discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and retaliation.
We are invested in your success every step of the way. When you become part of the Goodwin family, you’ll have access to the support services you need to achieve career success.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.