Disaster and Emergency Specialists
What does a disaster and emergency specialist do?
Disaster and emergency specialists, often called emergency management specialists, are the people who create and oversee policies, procedures, and protocols to protect populations from harm should a disaster, outbreak, accident, attack, environmental hazard, or emergency take place. A positive public health career in an in-demand field, disaster and emergency specialists tend to consider all factors of possibility and train other emergency professionals. Disaster and emergency specialists also research new solutions or technologies to improve disaster plans, host and oversee the quality control of emergency drills, and coordinate most emergency personnel. A disaster and emergency specialist typically has a master's degree in Public Health.
Learn more about our master's degree in Public Health today!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.