Title IV Aid

What is Title IV aid?

Title IV aid includes various federal student financial assistance programs. Protected under the 1965 Higher Education Act, the US Department of Education issues Title IV aid to qualifying students.

Which types of financial aid are considered Title IV aid?

Various types of need-based aid are categorized under Title IV, including:

Are scholarships considered Title IV aid?

No, scholarships are not Title IV aid. Title IV aid refers only to government-authorized student financial assistance programs available via the US Department of Education. In contrast, private organizations, institutions, or philanthropies award scholarships to eligible students.

How do I find out if I qualify?

The US Department of Education assesses your eligibility via the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). To increase your likelihood of being granted Title IV aid, complete and submit your FAFSA as early as possible.

Are there limits to the Title IV aid I can receive?

Per federal regulations, there is a limit to the amount of Title IV aid you can receive. Your limit will vary based on the types of aid and your academic level.

How can I learn more about Title IV aid?

If you would like to learn more about how you may qualify for Title IV aid, visit the US Department of Education online or contact the financial aid team at your college or university.

At Goodwin University, we start with you. Our Financial Aid team is dedicated to making your higher education affordable and accessible — working to tailor your aid package to your unique needs. Learn more about how Goodwin can help you achieve your educational goals today!

We’re ready when you are

Contact us today!