Programmable Logic Controllers
What is a PLC?
A programmable logic controller (PLC) is a small, industrial computer. PLCs are used to automate processes that would otherwise require human intervention.
Where are PLCs Used?
PLCs are all around us. They are used to automate traffic lights, control navigation systems, and operate rollercoasters. In the workforce, they are common in HVAC, manufacturing, plants, and automation settings.
Why are PLCs Used?
PLCs are adaptable, reliable, and cost-effective. They can be programmed for a variety of uses and are energy efficient.
Manufacturing and Robotics at Goodwin University
Manufacturers use PLCs to automate production and optimize efficiency. We offer a variety of Manufacturing degree and certificate programs at Goodwin University. Learn more about our Manufacturing programs today!
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
- ApplicationApply Now