Title IV Schools
What are Title IV schools?
Title IV schools are educational institutions that offer federal student aid programs under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These federal aid programs are more commonly known as the types of federal financial aid available to students, including grants, loans, and work-study programs.
How is a school qualified to be a Title IV school?
Financial aid programs significantly reduce the financial burden of postsecondary education on students, particularly those from low-income families. To be considered a Title IV school, an institution must meet certain criteria. Title IV eligibility requirements for schools include:
- Being recognized as an accredited institution by an accrediting agency
- Offering eligible academic programs
- Maintaining compliance with Title IV regulations
Can any college or university be a Title IV school?
Title IV schools include public and private universities, community colleges, vocational, and trade schools. As long as these schools maintain their eligibility, they can continue to participate in federal financial aid programs.
Students attending these schools are considered for federal financial aid programs when they fill out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. The FAFSA determines how much and what forms of federal aid a student is eligible for, and it must be completed each academic year.
Does Goodwin University offer federal student aid?
Yes! At Goodwin University, a degree or certificate is more affordable than you might think. We are committed to helping you identify financial aid opportunities that make earning your education more affordable. There are many kinds of financial aid available, including:
- Grants and scholarships that don’t have to be paid back
- Local and state grants and scholarships
- Student loans that will have to be repaid
- Work-study opportunities that provide a regular paycheck
98% of Goodwin students received financial aid in the form of grants or scholarships in the fall of 2023.
Are you considering one of Goodwin’s career-focused degree or certificate programs? Our Financial Aid advisors are ready to guide you through the process by designing a personalized financial aid package that meets your needs.
To learn more about Goodwin’s career-focused degree and certificate programs, contact us today!
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.