Logisticians manage a company’s supply chain. They oversee the entire life cycle of a product, including how a product is acquired, distributed, and delivered.
Where Can a Logistician Work?
Logisticians enjoy a wide variety when it comes to their professional life, working in nearly every industry from retail to finance. Logisticians typically maintain data information systems and databases to monitor inventories or products.
How Do You Become a Logistician?
This is a critical role in the manufacturing industry, and can be attained with a manufacturing management or supply chain management degree. To become a logistician, a bachelor’s degree is typically required for most positions in this role. Although, an associate degree in manufacturing may be sufficient for some logistician jobs. Additional certifications can advance your career as logistician, such as the Certified Professional Logistician certification offered by the International Society of Logistics.
An associate degree in supply chain and logistics management will help you gain an understanding of the basics of supply chain management, manufacturing planning and control systems, purchasing, and physical distribution of goods to customers.
Goodwin University offers manufacturing programs at bachelor’s degree, associate degree, and certificate levels.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.