Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Exam
What is the RMA exam?
The Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam certifies qualified individuals and provides assurance to potential employers that they possess the necessary skills and knowledge to succeed in the field of medical assisting.
Taking the RMA exam demonstrates commitment to ongoing career advancement and quality of workplace practices. Passing the RMA exam can lead to higher salaries and promotion opportunities.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must satisfy one of the following eligibility routes in order to qualify:Education
- Recent graduate, or scheduled to graduate from an accredited medical assisting program within the last four years with a minimum of 720 total program clock hours (including at least 120 clinical hours)
- Recent graduate (within the last four years) or scheduled to graduate from a formal medical assistant training program of the US Armed Forces
- Work as a medical assistant for at least five of the past seven years that includes both clinical and administrative duties
- Currently instruct medical assistant (minimum of five years) and previously completed a course in a healthcare related discipline similar to medical assisting
RMA exam overview
The RMA exam consists of 200-210 questions spread out over three topic sections:
- General medical assisting knowledge
- Administrative medical assisting
- Clinical medical assisting
For more information about the RMA exam, please visit the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Are you interested in becoming a registered medical assistant? Check out our Medical Assisting programs!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.