What Is an ASN Program?
An ASN program, also known as an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing (ASN) program, is an associate level program you must complete to prepare for becoming a registered nurse (RN).
What Is an ASN Nurse?
An ASN nurse is a nursing professional that holds an associate-level education. In order to become an RN, you must go through an ASN program, pass the NCLEX-RN exam administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN,) and meet all the other licensing requirements mandated by their state’s board of nursing. Goodwin’s ASN program provides students with the necessary clinical and academic skills needed to pursue a passing score on the NCLEX-RN exam and/or complete their BSN.
Where Can an ASN Nurse Work?
An ASN nurse that’s licensed as an RN can work in a wide range of clinical locations like hospitals, doctor’s offices, pharmacology, specialist services, and more.
Interested in Becoming an RN?
Many individuals interested in becoming an RN go directly into an associate degree in nursing (ADN) program. You can complete Goodwin’s ADN program in as few as 20 months part-time.* If you wish to become an RN and already hold a bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing field, you should consider enrolling in an accelerated bachelor’s degree in nursing (ABSN) program.
Learn more about our nursing programs.
*Additional time is required to complete prerequisite courses.
We’re Ready When You Are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.