Federal Work-Study (FWS)
What is Federal Work-Study (FWS)?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time employment to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need. Federal Work Study allows students to earn a paycheck to help pay for the cost of their education.
Types of Federal Work-Study Jobs
The Federal Work-Study program encourages employment in civic education and work related to a student’s field of study whenever possible. Federal Work-Study jobs can be on-campus or off-campus and differ from one school to the next.
At Goodwin College, students who are eligible for Work-Study can work part-time for the school and earn a paycheck to help cover the cost of classes and books.
Hours and Earning Potential
- At Goodwin, students may work up to a maximum of 15 hours per week
- Students will earn at least the current federal minimum wage. An individual’s Work-Study award will depend on the date of application, level of financial need, and the level of school funding
Federal Work Study Eligibility
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above to remain eligible for Work-Study
For more information about Work-Study opportunities at Goodwin, contact our Financial Aid office at 860.727.6723. View more information about Work-Study.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.