Federal Work-Study (FWS)
What is Federal Work-Study (FWS)?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time employment to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students with financial need. Federal Work-Study allows students to earn a paycheck to help pay for the cost of their education.
Types of Federal Work-Study jobs
The Federal Work-Study program encourages employment in civic education and work related to a student’s field of study whenever possible. Federal Work-Study jobs can be on-campus or off-campus and differ from one school to the next.
At Goodwin University, students who are eligible for work-study can work part-time for the school and earn a paycheck to help cover the cost of classes and books.
Hours and earning potential
- At Goodwin, students may work up to a maximum of 15 hours per week
- Students will earn at least the current federal minimum wage. An individual’s work-study award will depend on the date of application, level of financial need, and the level of school funding
Federal Work-Study eligibility
- Students must be in compliance with Goodwin University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy to be eligible for work-study.
For more information about work-study opportunities at Goodwin, contact our financial aid office at 860‑727‑6723. View more information about work-study.
We’re ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.