Federal Perkins Loan
What is the Federal Perkins Loan?
The Federal Perkins Loan Program, more commonly known as Perkins Loans, are low-interest federal loans for undergraduate and graduate students with exceptional financial need.
How Do I Apply for a Federal Perkins Loan?
Under federal law, the authority for schools to establish new Perkins Loans ended on September 30, 2017, and final disbursements were permitted through June 30, 2018.
As a result, you can no longer apply for or receive Perkins Loans.
Do I Have to Pay Back a Federal Perkins Loan?
Yes, Federal Perkins Loans do need to be repaid. If you are attending school at least half-time, you will have nine months after you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time status to begin repaying your loan.
Financial Aid at Goodwin University
At Goodwin University, we make it easy to understand the costs of your education before classes even begin.
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.