What is an award letter?
If you applied to a college or university and have been accepted, you will be sent an award letter detailing both the total amount and types of financial aid you’d be eligible to receive should you choose to enroll. By reviewing award letters, you can determine which school is offering the financial aid package that works best for you. An award letter is also called a school aid offer.
What factors help determine my school aid offer?
When determining the financial aid package that you’re eligible for, most colleges and universities consider the following:
- Cost of attendance (COA)
- Eligibility for merit and need-based aid
- Expected family contribution (EFC), which is determined when you complete your FAFSA
- Federal and private loan opportunities
- Work-study eligibility
- And more
If I receive similar school aid offers, how do I determine which option is best for me?
Everybody’s personal, financial, and educational needs are different. Consequently, there’s no perfect formula for picking the best school. But when it comes to determining which school will save you the most money, we recommend doing the following:
- Bust out the calculator or spreadsheet. Determine how much it would cost to complete your chosen program of studies at each school.
- Carefully review your offer. Make sure that nothing important is missing, such as program-related materials or fees.
- Identify the type(s) of financial aid being offered. While scholarships and grants won’t require repayment, student loans will. Consequently, loans may become an ongoing expense after you graduate.
Earn an affordable education at Goodwin University
At Goodwin University, paying for school doesn’t have to be stressful. As one of the state’s lowest-cost private, nonprofit colleges, we aim to make higher education affordable for all.
We’re ready when you are
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it’s easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we’re still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.