PACT (Pledge to Advance CT)

What is PACT (Pledge to Advance CT)?

PACT, or the Pledge to Advance Connecticut program, is an initiative by the state of Connecticut to make college affordable for first-time college students. Under PACT, eligible Connecticut residents can attend any of Connecticut’s community colleges tuition and fee free. There are 12 community colleges in the state that a participate in the PACT program (source).

How do I qualify for PACT?

To qualify for free tuition at one of the 12 Connecticut community colleges, you must be a CT high school graduate or a CT resident who has earned your GED. Homeschooled students in Connecticut may also qualify for the PACT program. You must also be a first-time college student, meaning you have never attended another college or university. College credits from AP classes or dual enrollment programs don’t disqualify you from receiving PACT funds.

What are the requirements to receive PACT funds?

You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to receive financial aid funds through the PACT program. FAFSA is required to determine your eligibility for state, federal, and institutional financial aid. The FAFSA must be completed by the state priority deadline each year. You must be enrolled in a degree or credit-earning certificate program at one of the 12 Connecticut community colleges. PACT requires that you register for at least 6 credits per semester. Students receiving PACT funds must maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) to continue receiving PACT funds.
PACT funds are applied after you have accepted all other federal, state, and institutional grant and scholarship awards. You do not have to accept federal student loans to be eligible for PACT funds

How long can I receive PACT funds?

Eligible Connecticut residents can receive PACT funds for up to three years or 72 credits.

What if I want to earn my bachelor’s degree?

At Goodwin University, we believe that everyone should have access to affordable higher education. We can help you transfer your credits and earn a bachelor’s degree in less time. Our Financial Aid counselors are ready to help you understand the financial aid process.

Check out Goodwin University’s degree programs and learn more about the transfer process today!

We’re ready when you are

Contact us today!