Certificate in Phlebotomy and Laboratory Services
Phlebotomy and Laboratory Services Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all phlebotomy program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication that represents competence and professionalism in the healthcare field.
- Develop an understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Describe HIPAA and its implications in the laboratory setting.
- Perform phlebotomy and capillary specimen collection.
- Determine which collection is most appropriate based on the patient's condition and the specimen required.
- Collect and prepare a variety of laboratory specimens.
- Perform basic laboratory testing and associated quality control.
- Demonstrate laboratory safety techniques when collecting specimens and performing laboratory testing.