Associate in Environmental Studies
Dominque Dorce, Environmental Studies Student
A Growing Field
Over the past four decades, protection of the environment has grown rapidly to become a major profit-making, job-creating industry. Our associate degree program in Environmental Studies is designed to meet the workforce needs.
The Connecticut River Is Your Classroom
Goodwin College is located on 900 acres of riverfront property. Our campus setting enables you to spend time in the field, conducting real research and learning the technical aspects of the field first-hand. Our Environmental Studies program provides technical training for in‑demand careers while focusing on the scientific aspects of environmental stewardship.
For your convenience, you can take classes on-campus, online or in a hybrid format. Whether you are interested in attending full- or part-time, this is the degree for you!
Employment Opportunities include:
- Administrative Aide
- Assistant Energy Analyst
- Environmental Health Technician
- Field Monitoring Technician
- Laboratory Assistant
- Science Technician
- Water Distribution System Operator
- Water Treatment Plant Operator
We offer hands-on training:
Our new River Campus has hundreds of ecologically rich acres that will serve as a living hands-on laboratory to conduct environmental studies. These sensitive flood plains and river uplands provide an unprecedented learning environment along the Connecticut River. Opportunities abound for studying flora, fauna and wildlife in this unique habitat.
Here at Goodwin College we build everything around you with:
- Flexible day, evening, weekend, and online classes
- Small class sizes and personal attention
- Internships and job placement assistance
- Career advisors networked with some of today’s leading corporation
- Personal Financial Aid advisors
And so much more:
- A dedicated faculty of experts
- Immediately applicable, hands-on training
- A degree from a well-respected program
- A high-quality teaching environment