Associate in Early Childhood Education
Madeline Graham, BS Child Study graduate
Do you enjoy spending time with children?
Turn your interest into a career as an early childhood educator. Our associate degree in Early Childhood Education is designed to provide you with a solid academic foundation and hands-on experience in the field of early childhood education.
Early Childhood is the study of children ages birth through eight years old. You will gain knowledge of how to work with children and their families in a variety of settings based on child development and age-appropriate practice. Early Childhood professionals have an in-depth knowledge of child growth, development, and learning, and are able to apply this knowledge into their practice. They can communicate effectively with children, colleagues, and families. As an early childhood professional, you will have the commitment to work collaboratively with others in order to deliver the optimal services to children and their families.
Following completion of the program, you will have the necessary skills and knowledge to become gainfully employed in the field of early childhood education and/or to continue your education towards a bachelor's degree in Child Study or related fields.
Careers in Early Childhood Education
Your degree from Goodwin University will help prepare you for a career working with children and families as a:
- Family resource worker
- Infant and toddler teacher
- School readiness teacher
Students entering the Associate in Science in Early Childhood Education must meet the following criteria:
- Pass a background check
- Complete ENG 101 – English Composition with a grade of "C" or better
Students must complete all the general associate graduation requirements as stated in the catalog. In addition, students must complete all Early Childhood Education major core requirements with a minimum cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 2.3.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.
Find more information in the academic catalog.
The Early Childhood Education program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), located at 1313 L Street, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005. Telephone (202) 232-8777 or, toll-free, (800) 424-2460.
|Year||Program Completers||Graduation Rate||Placement Rate||Pursuing Further Education in Early Childhood|
* Fewer than 10 full time students enrolled in this program. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.