Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC)
What is the Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC)?
The Early Childhood Teacher Credential (ECTC) is a free credential issued in Connecticut through the Office of Early Childhood. The ECTC will be required of all Connecticut teachers in state-funded programs by 2020.The ECTC is awarded at two levels:
The ECTC validates that an individual meets teacher competency level in six areas:
- Promoting child development and learning
- Building family and community relationships
- Observing, documenting, and assessing to support young children and families
- Using developmentally effective approaches
- Using content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum
- Growing as a professional
The ECTC also provides documentation that an individual meets the legislative teacher requirements for state-funded programs:
- School Readiness
- Child Day Care Contract
- State Head Start
Who is eligible?
The ECTC is open to all individuals working in the early childhood field.
For more information about the Early Childhood Teacher Credential, please visit The Connecticut Office of Early Childhood.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.