A paraprofessional is an instructional assistant, most often for a certified teacher. A paraprofessional is also known as a teacher’s aide or classroom assistant.
What are the daily duties of a paraprofessional?
Paraprofessionals supervise students and provide organizational reinforcement. Para-pros offer enrichment activities for students, and provide additional tutor support. Paras can work with one student, or a group of students to complete their assignments. They may also help special needs children or assist pupils with behavioral management. Paraprofessionals supervise field trips, grade assignments, set-up lesson plans, and take attendance.
Where do paraprofessionals work?
Paraprofessionals can work in school districts, mental health agencies, early childhood programs, as well as transitional living programs.
Are you interested in becoming a paraprofessional? Check out our Early Childhood Education programs!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.