NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct
What is the NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct?
NAEYC stands for the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The NAEYC promotes early learning for children birth through eight through early childhood practice, policy, and research.
The NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct offers those in the early childhood education field (teachers, directors, and teachers assistants) moral guidelines for responsible behavior in young children's care and education.
NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct overview
Within the code of conduct, one's commitment to the early childhood education field's core values is underlined.
In the text, the following core values are emphasized:
- Appreciate childhood as a stage of the human life cycle
- Base ones' work on childhood development
- Appreciate familial bonds
- Recognize that children are best supported by understanding the child's family, culture, community, and society
- Respect dignity, uniqueness, and worth of each individual
- Respect diversity
- Recognizing respect and trust in relationships
The NAEYC Ethical Code of Conduct also provides readers a conceptual framework on relationships with children, families, colleagues, community, and society.
This framework details professional responsibilities, followed by a set of ideals and principles describing methods that are prohibited or permitted within the profession.
Learn more about our Early Childhood Education programs!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.