What are Curriculum Coordinators?
A curriculum coordinator improves the development of lesson plans, coordinates the implementation of coursework, and evaluates the effectiveness of curricula per state standards. A curriculum coordinator is also known as a curriculum developer, instructional coordinator, or curriculum specialist. Curriculum coordinators can specialize in certain grade levels or specific subjects, gifted education, special education, or English language learners, and typically have graduate degrees, among other teacher licensing credentials.
What are the daily duties of a curriculum coordinator?
- Meet with educational administrators
- Review student testing data
- Observe teachers in the classroom
- Provide procedure development
- Write grant proposals
- Research instructional methodology and technology
- Coach teachers
- Conduct conferences and workshops
What are the benefits of becoming a curriculum coordinator?
Curriculum coordinators get to work with like-minded professionals who share similar intellectual passions. In this role, there is an abundance of variety, as no two days are ever the same. Curriculum coordinators get to help students learn and make a positive impact on the education system.
Are you interested in becoming a curriculum coordinator? Get started in our bachelor's degree in Child Study program or continue your studies in our master's in Education program!
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.