Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
What is the Child Development Associate (CDA)?
The Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ is the most widely recognized early childhood education credential and an important aspect of career development for early childhood educators.
Six Competency Standards are used to evaluate of child development associates:
- To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
- To advance physical and intellectual competence
- To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance
- To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to particular needs
- To maintain a commitment to professionalism
- CDA Verification Visit™
- The R.O.R. Model™
Earning the CDA can lead to career advancement opportunities, greater exposure and networking opportunities within the early childhood education field, and improved teaching outcomes.
Who is eligible?
Early childhood professionals are eligible to pursue the CDA Credential™.
Start classes January 14.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.