Admission and Placement
Applicants may self-certify that they have obtained a high school diploma and are not required to submit an official high school transcript.
To determine placement, all prospective students must complete the following:
- Take a faculty-designed grammar test
- Complete the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS) pre-test
- Participate in a personal interview
The ESL courses are sequenced and delivered in four levels, consisting of one course each. Students who enter the program at Level 2, 3, or 4 will receive Advanced Placement credit for the lower level courses. The 24 institutional credits received for the ESL program cannot be applied or transferred to any degree program at Goodwin University.
Students must earn a grade of "C-" (70%) or better in both segments to pass each level.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free, and it's easy to get started.
- Financial aid is available, and we're still accepting applications.
- You will find comprehensive support services that will get you through college and into a great career.
- We are veteran-friendly, and we understand and respect the needs of veteran students.
- If you want to transfer in credits, we can typically review your transcripts of prior learning in less than one business day.
Contact us today!
Goodwin University will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin University to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.