English as a Second Language (ESL) Program
The objective of the stand-alone ESL program is to enhance the English-language proficiency of individuals who have pre-existing vocational knowledge, training, or skill, but cannot use that knowledge, training, or skill because of their English speaking deficiency.
Our academic goals:
- to improve your proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing English
- to expand your knowledge of American customs and culture
- to provide a foundation in academic English to help you advance to college-level classes
- to sharpen your job-readiness English skills in order to move up in your career
Why should I choose Goodwin College to learn English?
- Small class sizes and personal attention
- Day and evening classes
- Full-immersion classes (26 hrs/wk in the day OR 15 hrs/wk at night)
- Financial aid available
- Dedicated faculty of experts
- High-quality teaching environment
- Diverse student population from Latin America, Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe
- Certificate from a well-respected ESL program
ESL class scheduling
- ESL day classes are held Monday-Thursday, 8:15-11:45 a.m. and 12:30-2 p.m.*
- ESL evening classes are held Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 5:30-7:20 p.m. and 7:35-9:10 p.m.
*Students attending on an F-1 visa are only permitted to attend day classes.
ESL classes for international students
If you are an international student seeking admission to the Goodwin English Language Program on an F-1 visa, please refer to our international student application requirements. Our International Admissions team can advise on these details and help you and your family navigate the process.
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.