Veteran Lester Castro wanted to set a positive example for his daughter. At Goodwin College, Lester was challenged to be more than just a student and he discovered the skills to become a leader.
Goal-oriented. Hard working. Driven to Succeed.
At Goodwin, we understand and respect the needs of veteran students. In celebration of their service, we provide a goal-oriented and career-focused college experience geared towards adult learners. All of our programs are designed to be completed swiftly and with minimal red tape, so you can get the education you need to begin your new career as quickly as possible.
The support you deserve.
- Goodwin was listed among the Top Military-Friendly Colleges and Universities of 2012 in the Military Advanced Education Magazine
- Goodwin participates in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008)
- Along with Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits, many veterans can have the cost of their tuition funded in its entirety!
- Goodwin College partners with the American Legion to give Legion family members, families of Legionnaires, Auxiliary members, and Sons of the American Legion a 25 percent tuition discount on non-selective admissions programs to those who claim Connecticut membership in their organization.
Our supportive resources will help ease your transition from service to student life.
Our Career Services team is ready to provide you with the resources you need for ongoing career development. We offer guidance with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, career fairs, and much more.
Craig Jordan, our Veterans Coordinator, will meet with you to discuss your academic and personal goals as a Goodwin student. Craig will connect you with other veteran students, provide opportunities for involvement on campus, and ensure that you are receiving the support you need.
Our Academic Success Center is dedicated to helping you thrive in the classroom. We provide free tutoring, testing, and workshops to all Goodwin students and are here to help you manage your college workload.
Tutors are available to meet with you one-on-one or in groups – whichever you prefer. Sessions can be scheduled in advance or can take place on a walk-in basis. Online tutoring is also available 24-hours a day through our e-Tutoring platform.
Our on-campus counselor is available to all students at no cost, and is here to provide confidential support, help you manage life’s challenges, alleviate stress, and facilitate the transition to student life.
Start classes October 31 or January 14.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.