Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
The Goodwin College Admissions process is straightforward and supportive. A Goodwin College Admissions Officer will help guide you every step of the way.
Goodwin College has an open enrollment policy. A personal interview with an Admissions Officer is required for all interested applicants. Acceptance into the College requires the attainment of a high school diploma or a General Education Diploma (GED) and successful completion of the interview. Admission into the College does not guarantee admission into programs with selective admission requirements. After acceptance into the College and successful completion of all prerequisites, students may apply to the selective admission programs.
Applicants to Goodwin College are required to:
- Complete an application for admission to the College
- Interview with an Admissions Officer.
- Pay a $50 non-refundable application fee (may be waived for eligible applicants)
- Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent OR sign a Certification of Attainment of a high school diploma or equivalent. (In some cases you may need to follow up with your school to make sure your transcript is sent to the College).
- Arrange to take the Accuplacer™ on-site placement evaluation prior to registration (may be waived for transfer students or for students that meet required SAT scores). A study guide will be provided for your review.
- Submit proof of immunizations (Measles, Mumps & Rubella and Varicella). Students who lack required vaccinations may be referred to a healthcare provider for prompt service.
- If you have previously earned college credits or a degree, send your official college transcript to Goodwin. Although an unofficial transcript is sufficient for you to enroll and register for your first semester coursework, you must be able to provide an official transcript in order to officially transfer those credits to Goodwin.
All applicants will be informed of their status within two weeks of application.
Remember, we are here to help every step of the way.