Associate Degree in Funeral Service Program
Funeral Service Program Outcomes
Upon successful completion of all Funeral Service Program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the responsibilities in conducting arrangement conferences with families, the transfer of remains, cremation, and accommodate different religious practices of various faiths.
- Apply the techniques restoring and recreating areas of the body which have been distorted by disease or traumatic injury.
- Identify the historical basics of marketing and merchandising in the funeral service profession.
- Explore the psychological impact of death and how it affects the funeral service practitioner.
- Introduce the elements of the rights, duties, and responsibilities as it pertains to business law and the funeral service practitioner.
- Demonstrate proper techniques in the safe preparation of human remains including the use of universal precautions, handling communicable diseases, and embalming both autopsied and un-autopsied remains.
Additionally, graduates will complete the comprehensive learning outcomes of the general education components.
We're ready when you are.
- Enrollment is hassle-free.
- We’re still accepting financial aid applications.
- We’ll review your transcripts of prior learning (usually in less than one business day).
Contact Us Today!
Goodwin College will never sell your personal information to a third party. By submitting your contact information, you give permission to Goodwin College to contact you by phone, email, mail, and text message.